Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) are not household purchases however, they are quite important for SME’s that are heavily reliant on their computer or other powered devices for the running of their businesses - which in this day and age, practically every company.
A UPS isn’t a regular buy and doesn’t also require regular updating which means there is a bit of research needed to ensure you purchase the right ones for your needs.
The CyberPower BRICS LCD Series is a 6 AU Port UPS with inbuilt GreenPower Energy-Saving Technology it claims to be able to help you save up to 75% on your electricity bill, they can be wall mounted to save space and also has an Equipment Protection Policy (requires registration).
It provides up to 80 minutes to battery power if a power outage was to occur.
* 6 AU Ports allows you to plug in most important devices, ideal for a small business.
* LCD Screen which flashes between input and output voltages, battery capacity etc.
* Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR).
* EMI, RFI, Surge and spike protection
* Phone / Fax / Modem / DSL / Network protection
* Power Management software included
* Scheduled shutdown, Auto restart / Auto charge
* USB connectivity ports
* Cable collector include
* Despite its compact sized it does weigh 5.5kg so once it is placed it probably won’t move.
* A bit of understanding of technology is required to run the software.
Although this device does claim to save up to 75% on your electricity bill, it wasn’t easy to determine that in a review.
However on the rest of the features, the device did deliver and performed accordingly. It was quite weighty and would require proper storage so that it doesn’t become a hazard.
Again, it is not a regular purchase however would be a worthwhile investment to any business.