Electronic Arts today revealed details of a limited edition package for its upcoming first-person shooter Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
The limited edition package will retail for the same price as the standard edition, and will be available while stocks last from March 5th 2010.
Included in the limited edition bundle are six special customisations said to give players a day-one advantage in the online multiplayer component. These customisations include four vehicle unlocks, providing extra firepower, radar capabilities and armour for vehicles. There’s also a tracer dart that allows RPG-enabled teammates to lock on to targets. Also, two popular weapons return from Battlefield 1943: the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.
The full list of six unlocks is as follows:
Four vehicle warfare unlocks
• Improved Vehicle Armour – An up-armour package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
• Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
• Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
• Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.
Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons
• M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
• M1911 Pistol – Highly customised M1911, favoured for its dependability and the power of its large .45 calibre round.