Confirmation of the rumoured new-look Xbox 360 is still to come from Microsoft but an Italian advert appears to have outed the new design.
The international ad appears to show that the new console will sport a 250GB hard drive, feature wi-fi and be compatible with 'Kinect', which USA Today says is the new name for what Microsoft has previously called Project Natal.
According to USA Today, these games are currently in development:
- Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.
- Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.
- Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.
- Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.
- Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.
- Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.
UPDATE - 3.35pm: Microsoft has just officially announced that 'Kinect' is indeed the new name of the contraption formerly known as 'Project Natal'. Attendees of the bizarre Kinect event - taking place right now in LA and featuring Cirque de Soleil acrobats - have been forced to wear 'interactive' white ponchos. No word yet on whether the ponchos will be bundled with each Kinect peripheral and required for motion tracking...