Samsung New Zealand has today announced the highly-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone will be available to Kiwis first, from 10:00am on April 27.
Due to its geographical location New Zealand consumers will be the first in the world to purchase the device, with other countries across the globe selling the device from 10am their local time on April 27.
At launch the smartphone will be sold through selected retailers nationwide including Vodafone, Telecom and 2degrees, coming in two colours – Black Mist and White Frost.
Samsung New Zealand sales director Jon Barrell says the company is expecting the product to be as popular, if not more so, than its record-breaking predecessor – the Galaxy S3.
“The GALAXY S4 takes the smartphone experience to the next level," he says.
"From the 13 megapixel camera to its unmatched processing power and brilliant screen quality - it’s an impressive device and we’re confident Kiwis are going to love it.”
Unveiled at the Samsung Unpacked event in New York last month, Samsung says the Galaxy S4 is set to redefine the smartphone experience, taking the Apple iPhone head-on.
Key features include:
• Group Play - With its ‘Group Play’ function, users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a Wi-Fi AP or cellular signal.
This feature enables users to connect directly with others to share, play and co-create content and entertainment instantly. Its ‘Share Music’ option allows users to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere.
• S Translator - The Galaxy S4 brings all people closer together by breaking down language barriers. The feature provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, text message and ChatON. This instant translation is possible both from speech to text and text to speech.
• Smart Pause - ‘Samsung Smart Pause’ enables you to control the screen by where you look. When you are watching a video, the video pauses when you look away then it starts right up again when you are back.
• Air View - ‘Air View’ allows users to hover with their fingers to preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it.
• S Voice - With ‘S Voice Drive’ you can activate commands via voice control for optimization when driving. Once connected with a car Bluetooth, the phone automatically turns into driving mode converting text to speech so you can easily and safely check messages with no need to look at the screen.
• Optical Reader - ‘Samsung Optical Reader’ makes life yet more effortless, by automatically recognizing text, a business card or QR code information, and providing useful functions such as translation, call, text message and search.
• WatchON - At home, using ‘Samsung WatchON’, the GALAXY S 4 will transform into an IR remote to control your home entertainment system including TV, set-top box, DVD player and even air conditioner.
Please note, Samsung has yet to reveal a price for the product to the media.
Will you be first in the queue for the Samsung Galaxy S4? Tell us your thoughts below