If there was one stand out game of E3 for me, it would probably be The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It was my last appointment of the show and at a point where I should have been ready to drop.
Instead, for forty-five minutes the game’s Polish developer held me captivated with a live demo that set the bar for new-gen graphical fidelity and story-telling.
With the dust still not yet settled after a fantastic E3, CD PROJEKT RED has announced what we are going to see in the two versions of their E3 Game of the Show contender The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Players familiar with The Witcher series will know that CD PROJEKT RED don’t mess about when it comes to providing fans with top quality products that just keep on giving and this is a tradition that they are continuing with the Witcher 3.
Even the standard edition of the game comes packed with extras:
- A Blu-ray™ Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
- A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
- A set of unique stickers
- A stylish, protective sleeve
For fans that demand that little bit extra, the premium collector’s edition features all the goodies in the standard edition plus:
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exquisite, collector-grade Witcher medallion
- A one-of-a-kind SteelBook™ box
- A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
In the words of Adam Badowski, studio head at CD PROJEKT RED, “Behold, the Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3! Over two kilograms of the most badass monster slayer, ready to bring your desktop figure collection to a whole new level”
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is set for release on the 24th of February, 2015 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Check out the E3 trailer below: