With the 2010 FIFA World Cup just around the corner, Google invited young people across New Zealand to design a football-inspired Google logo for the company's first-ever global Doodle 4 Google competition.
Young people aged between 4 and 17 were asked to design their own logo inspired by the topic “I love football". Google has now posted the top 10 designs and is asking the New Zealanders to vote for their favourite.
New Zealand Doodle 4 Google Top 10
- Sally Bodle, 11, Winton
- Bridget Carleton, 10, Winton
- Hazel Ellis, 15, Auckland
- Georgia Jaques, 12, Hastings
- Lachie McLean, 10, Ohaupo
- Kendra Munkedal, 10, Te Puke
- Holly Pierce, 13, Winton
- Joshua Saville, 11, Christchurch
- Caleb Simpson, 11, Christchurch
- Georgia Smith, 12, Havelock North
You can vote for the New Zealand Doodle 4 Google here.
The doodle that receives the most votes will be displayed on the Google New Zealand homepage for 24 hours to support the All Whites on the day of their first match on 15 June 2010.
While we’re talking about voting, make sure you vote in the 2010 NetGuide Web Awards.